Sunday, September 13, 2009

lettering kits & trips to the moon

I'll admit it: I haven't been all that fantastic at my drawing every day in September goal. I've been mega-busy all of a sudden, tying up loose summer ends, I suppose. It's okay, though, I'm still drawing when I have an open minute, just nothing fancy.

I've been going to thrift stores since I was a little kid, when I cared more about the big gray cats-doing-ballet sweatshirts and fill-up-a-toy-bag-for-ten-cents deals than the vintage plates and tin toys that I go crazy for now. Wooden things, paper things, plastic things, I've loved them all.

Here are two finds from a quick trip yesterday:
die-cut lettering kit
This was 99¢, it's so rad! I love letters and fonts and typography, 1950s packaging, and gettin' my stencil on... So basically, it's so many things I love all in one tidy box.

dudes ridin' rockets, devils, money bags, cats...
When I saw this, I was so excited I couldn't even concentrate long enough to read what it said. I just knew that I had to run out the door with it (after paying, of course!) before Goodwill could change their mind! I mean, that guy on the rocket, the naked lady, the devil, money bags and cat? There is a whole lot of awesome goin' on here, and for 99¢, who the heck WOULDN'T buy this?! Okay, maybe a lot of people. But whatever.

Hopefully real drawings soon... Will you invite me over so I can sit around and draw the things I see in your place of residence? I'm all out of things to look at and draw 'round here!

No comments:

Post a Comment