Monday, February 22, 2010

I love you, Grape Nuts

In case you were wondering what I ate today (and you are, believe me)...

tum-tum-tum

Grape Nuts! The best!

I'm going through a computer-only art phase, but surely it will pass. I know that deep down I'm made for #05 Micron pens, cheap paper, crappy scanners and unholy methods of coloring (the best of both worlds, Hannah Montana-style). Something gets lost in translation, I think, when I go paperless. But it's not as though I like looking at little waffle drawing any less either way!

Speaking of that sentence... I feel an overwhelming sense of guilt every time I start a sentence with "but". Somewhere along the line of life, some teacher pounded it into my head that if you use "and" or "but" in such a manner, death is nothing less than imminent, just like if you say "shut up" or use karate moves on your siblings.

I don't think that this is actually the case. While the ultimate source on all manners, The Internet, has conflicting reports, it's seems like the kind of thing that is okay when used sparingly. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, and you shouldn't let you're fourth grade teacher keep you down anymore. And sometimes it just makes you look cool and grammar-rebellious. But sometimes it doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment