Monday, September 2, 2013

TOFA toys wooden finger puppet glory

My mom found these fabulous early to mid 1960s wooden finger puppets by Czechoslovak toy company TOFA.

Tofa wooden finger puppets box

Tofa wooden finger puppets

In trying to figure out when they stopped making toys packaged in the best toy box that has ever existed, I found their Czech Wikipedia page. Translated to English, part of it states, "Production, however, there was discontinued in October 1997 and the company has since dilapidated useless, since 2008, literally falling apart". Whether or not this is accurate, I don't know. But I do know that Dilapidated useless, literally falling apart is the most dramatic thing I have ever heard in my life and will be the name of my new all-girl post-hardcore screamo band. Definitely.

The box itself is where it's at in my opinion. I mean, it has so much going for it. My favorite finger puppet, though, is definitely the dog, perhaps because he reminds me of the most tragically named frozen ice pop character of all time, Melon Collie, Little Orphan Orange's canine friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment